As part of JCP&L’s storm response plan, we’re closely tracking the severe storm that is expected to bring heavy rains and wind gusts of up to 60 miles per hour to our service area tomorrow into Thursday.
In anticipation of the severe weather, all available JCP&L crews and support personnel are prepared to work around the clock to restore service should weather-related outages occur. Other steps we’re taking to prepare for the storm include:
- Bringing in more than 120 line personnel and hazard responders from FirstEnergy’s Ohio utilities to support restoration efforts
- Securing 120 tree contractor crews to respond to tree-related conditions
- Communicating with emergency management officials, state officials, regulators and local officials about our storm preparation efforts
- Activating the JCP&L storm information page on the 24/7 Power Center
- Notifying well water and life support customers about the potential for power outages
We are letting our customers know they can use our new free smartphone app to report outages and access important information and services related to their electric accounts. The app is available for Apple® iPhone® and Android™ smartphones. Customers can use the keyword “FirstEnergy” to locate the apps in the online store. And, customers will be automatically connected to our mobile website when they visit www.jcp-l.com from their smartphone.
In addition, FirstEnergy customer call centers will be fully staffed. Customers who are without power are encouraged to call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877) to report their outage or click the “Report Outage” link on www.firstenergycorp.com via smartphone.
We’re also providing updated information on current outages, our storm restoration process and tips for staying safe on our 24/7 Power Center at www.firstenergycorp.com/outages. In addition, information is available on Facebook at www.facebook.com/JCPandL or on Twitter @JCP_L.